These swim policies and rules have been adopted for the protection and benefit of all pool members. Your cooperation in complying with these regulations is appreciated. Please keep in mind that these rules have been formulated primarily to assure safe and sanitary operation of the pool and facilities. It is your responsibility as a member to familiarize yourself with the policies and rules of this facility. Parents should instruct their children to observe all rules and to obey the instructions of the pool manager and the lifeguard staff. The pool manager has the authority, delegated by the Board of Directors, to take proper restrictive action for violation or infraction of these rules. A copy of these can be downloaded here.
1. Pool Hours: Regular summer pool operating hours are: Tuesday – Sunday 12 Noon – 8:00 pm The pool will be closed on Monday. However, when a legal holiday falls on Monday, the pool will be open.
2. Signing In. All members must sign their name and membership number at the front gate on entering the area.
3. Pool Authority. The head lifeguard and/or pool manager will be in charge of the pool operation. They will be responsible for enforcement of the rules.
4. Liability. The pool, its agents and employees are not responsible for accidents or injury. Please notify the lifeguard immediately, though, if one should occur so an incident report can be filed.
5. Adult Swim. At the quarter to each hour, the lifeguard will declare a 15-minute adult only swim period. All persons under the age of 18 will vacate the pool at this time. One child age 4 and under may swim with an adult during this time. Last Adult Swim will be 7:45 pm.
6. Closing Time. The pool area shall be vacated immediately at the designated closing time.
7. Guest Policy: Members are limited to four (4) guests per day. All guests of members must register upon entering the pool facilities. A fee of $3.00 shall be paid for each guest who will swim. Spectator guests will be admitted free of charge. All guests will be limited to four (4) visits per season. NO EXCEPTIONS. A member who will be responsible for the guest obeying pool rules must accompany guests at all times. Guests will use pool facilities at their own risks. A houseguest is a visitor who is staying with a member for a period of two consecutive weeks or less. Houseguests are charged $3.00 per family per stay. Houseguests must register their name and obtain a dated pass in the pool office. A member must accompany all houseguests at all times.
8. Supervision of Children. A person who is at least 16 must accompany any children under the age of 7. Unaccompanied children 7 years or older must be able to (1) swim across the pool and back (at the deep end) without a rest stop and (2) tread water for 30 seconds. PARENTS MUST VERIFY WITH LIFEGUARD THEIR CHILD IS CAPABLE OF MEETING THESE CRITERIA BEFORE THEY CAN DROP THEM OFF UNACCOMPANIED AT THE POOL.
9. Baby Pool. The use of the baby pool is limited to children age 5 and under.
10. Parental Supervision in Baby Pool. Parents shall be solely responsible for the safety and conduct of their children in the baby pool. 11. Diapers. Parents of diapered children using the pool are asked to be aware of the sanitary condition of the pool and to be thoughtful of other members. Please dispose of dirty diapers properly and make changes as often as needed. 12. Pool Games. Pool games may be allowed at the sole discretion of the lifeguard on duty.
13. Pets. Animals will not be allowed in the pool enclosure.
14. Misconduct. Any conduct (including offensive language), which threatens the safety and/or well being of any guest or member, will not be tolerated on the pool premises.
15. Horseplay. Horseplay, such as dunking, pushing, running, scuffling, spitting or spouting water etc. will not be allowed.
16. Running. NO RUNNING ON POOL DECK (Concrete Apron) EVER!
17. Diving. Diving is allowed only in deep end of pool. NO diving off of racing blocks except for swim team practice and meets and only under the supervision of team coaches.
18. Flotation Devices. Any swimmer who depends on attached flotation devices must have an adult within arm’s length at all times. Persons wearing these devices are not permitted in the deep area.
19. Toys in Pool. Sponge type NERF balls and diving rings are allowed in both pools as long as they are used safely and responsibly. Kickboards are allowed in the large pool only. Small soft toys are allowed in the baby pool only (i.e. buckets etc.) Hard balls are not allowed in either pool. Squirt guns are allowed if used responsibly.
20. Trash. All members and guests shall dispose of their trash in the provided trash receptacles.
21. Pool Furniture. Courteous use of chairs and lounges is appreciated. Standing or walking on chairs or lounges is not allowed.
22. Lost Personal Items. Neither the Swim Club nor the Pool Association is responsible for personal property. A lost and found box is located in the office for articles that are turned in.
23. Radios. Portable radios or CD players are allowed when operated with headphones only.
24. Bikes. Bikes and skateboards, etc. are to be parked in or stored just inside and to the left of the entrance gate.
25. No food, drink, or gum in pool. No food, drink or gum is allowed in the pool or at the pool edge. No glass containers are allowed on the pool premises. Food and drink consumption is limited to the patio and lawn areas.
26. Smoking. Smoking is not allowed within the fenced area surrounding the pool. Those wishing to smoke shall do so outside the fenced area and shall dispose of cigarettes appropriately.
27. Alcohol. Possession and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted as long as the following rules are followed: A) Adults only, 21 years or older. B) No glass containers. C) Responsible, discreet, and mature consumption only. D) Must use a Designated Driver. E) Violators will be asked to leave the Pool property immediately, and their membership, guest, or day visitor status may be suspended or revoked.
28. Parking. PARKING IS NOT ALLOWED ALONG THE CURB. Please park in marked parking spaces in the lot.
DISCIPLINE POLICIES Infractions of the stated rules of this facility will include but is not limited to the following:
Verbal Warning Sitting out for time designated by Lifeguard on duty Written Warning outlining infraction/s Expulsion from Pool for Remainder of Day Three-Day Suspension from Pool Expulsion from Pool for Remainder of Season (non-refundable)
ANY PERSON FOUND GUILTY OF REPEATED VIOLATIONS OF POOL RULES MAY BE SUSPENDED OR EXPELLED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON IN ACCORDANCE WITH NORTHERN HILLS NEIGHBORHOOD SWIM CLUB BY-LAWS.
ANY PERSON WHO THREATENS THE SAFETY AND/OR WELL BEING OF ANY MEMBER OR GUEST MAY BE SUSPENDED OR EXPELLED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON IN ACCORDANCE WITH NORTHERN HILLS NEIGHBORHOOD SWIM CLUB BY-LAWS.
These rules and policies may be amended or added to at any time by the Pool Manager with the approval of the Board of Directors.
"Sorry, Dear. It's time for Adult Swim!"
Location: Northern Hills Swimming Pool is located at 13114 Scarsdale (in Northern Hills) San Antonio, TX 78217 Mailing address: Northern Hills Neighborhood Swimming Pool Association (NHNSPA) PO Box 171113 San Antonio, TX 78217 Off-Season Contact: (September thru May) Use the mailing address above. Email NH Pool President In-Season Contact: (June thru August) Stop by the Pool or call the Pool Office @ 210-655-0681 All prices, schedules, and terms subject to change without notice. But we'll do our best to avoid that! NorthernHillsPool.org website is maintained by NH Pool volunteers. Your patience and your support are greatly appreciated!
Northern Hills Pools is owned and operated by the Northern hills Neighborhood Swimming Pool Association (NHNSPA), a volunteer-driven, community-based, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Volunteer contributions and tax-deductible donations are always needed, welcomed, and appreciated!